Knol - A Unit of Knowledge  





Knol - a unit of knowledge, share what you know.


Official Google Blog: Encouraging people to contribute knowledge

Today, when I login to my blogspot account I was instantly prompted to read an article at blogspot official blog about Knol, short for knowledge. I suppose I have heard about this for quite some time already and finally it is here.

My first impression about Knol is.. emm not bad, something to challenge Wikipedia on collection of knowledge but one thing for certain is that Knol would be really written by the expert as of this moment at least though anybody have right to pitch in. I, myself just want to feel how the interface would be and first sight it is cool, where Wiki syntax is a new language one need to learn, Knol way of tackling it just like an old school WYSIWYG kind of interface, a normal word processing tool. Somehow, it makes you feel like writing a blog.

But I suppose my english is not at par with the current so called Knol writers and my knowledge about things are not that great that I could claim as mine yet. It is because that would be one drawback to attract people to write a Knol in comparison to Wiki. The existing articles in Knol were written by men/women of knowledge or should I say again an expert in their playing field so a simple guy like me writing for a unit of knowledge in Knol would we rather far fetch, it would take years and lots and lots of practice to get to the level of the existing writers.

Well, I am not saying Wikipedia's contents are not realiable, it is just that Wikipedia is too vast and somehow many information could be written without prior confirmation or even consent especially when someone is without ethics. But to get to the current level I really salute the people who dedicated their life to support Wikipedia and contribute to its content. I guess Wiki not has a rival that is as big and as strong in every departments.

So as for me, I suppose I have just able to write a blog at blogspot, though hopefully I could progress to a better level in the future or maybe I could try writing at Wikipedia, to make my marks in the vast spaces of virtual world of WWW.

And the code is FSKSW230137

Amazon