Bunga Senduduk  



A purple Senduduk's Flower
Note : at Flickr click "All Sizes" for larger image.


Buds of the purple Senduduk's flower.

Senduduk is one of the plant that grow wild almost everywhere in Malaysia. The scientific name for the plant is Melastoma candidum. When I was a kid whenever I got a cut from anything that I play with, and I don't really want my mother to know about it, all I do is munch a few leaves of this plant and then put it onto the cut or bruise. Somehow this plant would stop any bleeding and accelerate the healing process. Senduduk as i know it has two varieties purple and white flower. The white flower is even more famous since it is used by many traditional medicine practitioners as a cure in spiritually challenge environment.

Do read my other flower entry : Bunga Raya, Allamanda, Bougainvillea and others.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

13 comments: to “ Bunga Senduduk

  • hearteaniey
    July 21, 2007 at 4:52 PM  

    fuhhhh susah betul nk bg komeng dlm nihhhh.............testinggggg....


    I've used to call this flower as 'bunga kak leha' when i was 3-4 years old.......because it's purple and purple flowers was used during kak leha's wedding......huhu

  • Michele
    July 23, 2007 at 10:36 PM  

    Beautiful....very beautiful!

  • Peace
    July 27, 2007 at 5:59 PM  

    Hey your blog is so beautiful, you have capture nice photos of those ordinary flowers. They had looked better and more attractive! * Applause*

  • Alwizbme
    July 27, 2007 at 7:43 PM  

    hi peace..

    Thank you very much... I hope to be a better photographer in the future..

  • Nessa
    August 4, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

    Hi! I never knew the name of this plant till I came across yr site:) I used to call it 'bunga purple' coz of the colour... hehe. I used to eat its ripe fruit too, very sweet but slightly bitter.

  • emilayusof
    August 7, 2007 at 12:31 AM  

    Great shot! I remembered eating it's berry-like fruits and got my lips all purple! You should try!

  • Alwizbme
    August 9, 2007 at 1:38 PM  

    dear nessa :

    Ahaa.. I know a certain person call it "bunga kak leha".. well, I do have tried it before, not a great taste but you know when you're kids.. anything goes..

    dear emila :
    now, we know if one is out of purple colour lipstick.. go hunt a senduduk.. ;) maybe you could use it to paint.. should be interesting huh..

  • arina
    August 21, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

    hey there!can i noe where to get dis senduduk putih plants?i need to do some research on it..pls reply me asap yea..thanx!

  • Alwizbme
    August 22, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

    where are you from Arina... how to keep in touch with you.. if you are from Malaysia "Senduduk" the white one can be found at many flower nurseries.. while the Purple in colour can be easily found by the roadside, but the Purple blue in colour is rather rare.. anyhow I got all three at my home..

  • ixora aina
    September 21, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

    hey..are tose the senduduk which grows wild in kebun and all...any body heard about this myth ..if kena gigit penyegat or bee..kunyah a senduduk leaf then rub it to the part of insect sting and it will get better..anybody can verify this for me?

  • Alwizbme
    September 23, 2008 at 3:20 AM  

    Emm.. well I am not too sure if it really can cure whenever got stung by bees or wasps.. but I am pretty sure it can alleviate the pain.. and one thing I am sure.. if one got somekind of cut or something and there are blood to be stopped.. munch some of these senduduk leaf and simply paste it onto the cut.. it would hold the blood.. I have tried it many times.. :D

  • mamn
    October 29, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

    salam..sape ade tahu..dekat mane lubuk senduduk nie..area shah alam...nak guna banyaknie...

  • annie
    April 22, 2019 at 11:17 PM  

    Hello may I know where can i get white flower malastoma plant?

And the code is FSKSW230137

Amazon